Whats up guys, it occured to me that when I am sitting in the IRC channel, or browsing around through the forums I have seen several people asking or talking about the same things. I figured why not just make a post, and detail everything all at once. Maybe this can help people just getting involved into the game, and assist those that are waiting for all the fixes before coming back to it.
-= Demigod Versions / BETA Patch
- So first and most important, currently Demigod has a patched version, and a BETA version available to users. These versions do not work together, compatability wise, and users downloading the BETA Patch cannot play with users whom do not have the BETA patch downloaded. With that being sad, the BETA Patch may have fixed some issues for some people, but the over all connectivity/lag factor is only being affected because users on the BETA Patch Servers are no using the same servers as the generic Demigod Patch, so this is a illusion.
- If you downloaded the BETA Patch and want to revert back to the old Demigod Patch, open up Impulse and unclick the "Show Pre-Release Patches" button and then select Verify Installation via the right click on your Demigod option. It will then advise that Updates are available, download these updates and it will bring you back to the retail generic patch.
- Users on the BETA Servers are significantly lower then the generic server, so if you arnt experiencing monster problems with the game running on the generic server, chances are, you wont seem much difference on the BETA server.
- It has been stated by Brad (Frogboy) that Monday should bring some fixes or a new patch. As Stardock has been doing, I would expect probably another patch by Monday or Tuesday.
-= Favor Point Issues
- Now we all know that Favor Points are malfunctioning currently. This is due to several little reasons that the guys over at Stardock are aware of, and are working on a fix. However one must note that since these connection issues have been plaguing online gamers, and this is an online heavy game, Brad (Frogboy) has pulled all available Stardockians to assist in sorting out the mess of the connection issues. With that being said, as Brad as mentioned, that means the people who would fix these Favor Issues and such, are working hard to help fix the connectivity issues.
- Without players that can play the game, and connect, we dont have a Favor Point issue, because no one will play to make Favor Points/Favor Items matter.
- This is a known issue, so you new guys, dont fret, we all have the problem, some of us have worse favor then others, and as such, what is most commonly done in Custom Games is to Disallow Favor Items, makes for an even playing field.
-= Web Site Stats
- Trust me this is a huge concern of mine as well, apparently it is tracking our actualy games (if you take a look at game history) fairly accurately, but it is not registering on our overall profile stats, ie. W/L, streaks, etc.
-This relates to the above issue as well, the guys that would be working on this issue are working hard on helping with the connectivity end of things. They are still aware of the issue and it will be fix, as I can say for sure Stardock wont let it go.
- It is unknown if the stats will be reset when everything gets sorted out... (I HOPE THEY DO!! HINT HINT lol )
-= Reference these OP (Overpowered) Demigod Posts
- I can honestly say for myself and for what I have witnessed that these Demigods are not overpowered in anyway way. Some may need a few tweaks and such but this is not an opinions post, this is an informative post for new comers and to try and sum up the current status of Demigod.
- Builds Builds Builds, thats what it comes down to. A good player will be good with any Demigod.
-= New Updates/Demigods/Items/Maps
- We all know Stardock will support this game 100% for years to come. Gas Powered Games is under contract by Stardock to support the game for a minimum of 1 year with new content. Once these connectivity issues get settled, I think we can look forward to additional stuff in this great game.
Well, thats pretty much it guys, this is a sum of all the problems or concerns we are currently facing and basically we all know Stardock will take care of it. Now I know some of you have actually seen me in the IRC Chat voicing my opinion on various topics, and I have voiced them with some passion, but overall I cannot say anything bad about Stardock... like everyone else I was subject to rage quitters, connectivity issues, and lag those two days and it didnt seem to stop. So, for those of you that saw me at my finest it wont happen again... Until the next one of you $#&@# rage quit when my Lord Erebus batswarm/bite/stun/bites you!! lol just kidding!
Hope this was helpful to some of ya. I will add to this post when things get updated or if we have any new issues arise. Anything I have missed, feel free to post and I will throw it up on this list.