It sounds like some clarification needs to be made here.
Our return policy for Demigod has been temporarily relaxed due to the issues that the game is still having. We all know what they are, so it is not worth discussing them here. So, in that light, we have been providing 100% refunds to anyone who is still having trouble. Here are the four possible scenarios.
1. If you purchased the game from us as a download, we have been issuing full refunds right on the spot. More than a few people have posted on the forums about how easy we have made it.
2. If you purchased the game from us as a download + retail box, as long as it hasn't shipped yet, we have been able to cancel the shipment and issue a full refund on the spot. The game hasn't shipped, so you should get the shipping charge back.
3. If you purchased the game from us as a download + retail box and the game has already been shipped, we are able to provide a 75% refund right away on the cost of the download + retail box, which is currently $49.95 USD. What brazzeh, the author of the first post, neglected to mention was that we will refund the remaining 25% of the $49.95 USD when the box is returned back to us. We are not able to refund the shipping cost since we already used that money to ship it to you. Furthermore, if you keep the box that the game came in, you can actually reseal it, write "RTS" on it, and send it back at no cost to you. So, in the end, after you have returned the retail box to us, you will have received a 100% refund of the cost of the game, which is currently $49.95 USD. (I apologize for the redundancy, but I need to be very clear about this.)
4. If you purchased the game at a retail store, you can request a 100% refund by emailing us. We will provide an RMA code that is good for 15 days, which is plenty of time for you to send the game to us. We are not able to reimburse you for the shipping cost on this, but if you use USPS Media Mail, it will only cost $2 or $3 to send it. Once we get the game, we'll send you a check for the amount you paid for it as shown on your original receipt. This scenario is only for people in North America, since you cannot yet purchase Demigod in stores outside North America.
So there you have it. Most people have purchased the download-only version, so a full refund for them is quick and painless. I've only had a handful of refund requests from people who ordered the download + retail box version and needed a refund. For most of them, their order hadn't shipped yet, so they got a 100% refund, shipping included. The author of the original post, brazzeh, is one of only two or three people that will need to send the retail box back to get the last 25% of the refund. Brazzeh is the only person to complain about it.
We are trying to make this as painless and fair to both parties as we possibly can. There will always be unsatisfied people out there, so we are doing the best we can with everyone else.
EDIT: May 22, 2009 - Our refund policy on Demigod was just unrelaxed. It's a little complicated, but I'll do my best to explain.
- If you request a refund but have been able to play online for more than a few hours, we will be able to provide a 75% refund only.
- Our normal refund policy timeframe is back in effect for those customers that fall under Number 1. If you paid with PayPal, we can only provide a refund within 60 days, for credit/debit cards, 90 days.
- All refund requests for games purchased at retail must be received within 30 days of the purchase. Number 1 applies here as well. We will not provide any refunds for retail copies beyond this timeframe.
So basically, if you've been able to play online and simply don't want the game anymore, a full refund is not possible. If you haven't been able to play online and have been sticking by us, you will not be penalized should you request a refund.
It's complicated, so each refund request will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.