The only thing I can accept here is being able to see your team's mana levels. That would definitely help people who don't play with VoIP (the majority) in a positive way.
Intel should be earned, not given away for free. ActR, you seem to usually come to rational conclusions, please think this one through a bit further. Do you really want Demigod, a game with only 8-10 heroes and a list of items that can be remembered in under a week's worth of play, to turn into an automatic succession of hard counters? Is that really what you want?
Most of this information is already available to people who pay attention:
* Armor vs. HP - how much damage is your auto attack doing?
* Speed stacking - am I able to catch up to them? Or only at certain times do they all of a sudden take off?
* Cap locks - duh, are they locking flags?
* Potions - are they popping potions instead of running? Oh, hey look, they're standing there waving their hands around, maybe I should try to interrupt them now?
* Mana - are they using skills fairly often or only sparingly? Or, you know what they *should* have casted, but did they? Either they screwed up or they're out of mana at the moment
It's really not that hard.
I enjoy the fact that I still have to play carefully because I don't know from the very beginning exactly what my opponent is planning. No matter how good I have gotten I still have to take the other team seriously until I have put the time and effort in to discerning their intentions. And if they change their plan partway through the game I don't want to figure it out by simply moving my cursor over their head.
You guys who want to mouse over and see all items and mana are either looking for easy mode or want a purely mechanical game. This game does not have enough depth to it (in terms of options) to be sustainable that way. If we had 80+ heroes and hundreds of useful items to choose from then sure, it might work a bit better, but that would definitely not be as fun to most of the people who play Demigod.
Demigod drew whatever inspiration that it wanted from DoTA and has since become a game of it's own. It's not right to say that it worked in DoTA for you therefore it must be great for Demigod.