DISCLAIMER: The tournament promoter only speaks english, if you want to register / play, make sure you have someone who can speak english on your team, or someone who can translate to english for you when registering etc.
3V3 Demigod Tournament Series
Event #1: FIRST BLOOD!
I am happy to announce that I will be running a 3v3 demi god premade league. The first championship will be 4 events, held on consecutive saturdays. This league is open to anyone who would like to play, from any country.
1. Play weekly 3v3 premade tourneys on saturdays. First event is on Saturday October 10th. It will be held on Cataract Conquest Mode. Games start at 5:00 PM Eastern Standard Time. All players meet in a designated channel [Channel Tourney] at 4:30 PM Eastern Standard Time to register, registration ends at 4:55 PM Eastern Standard Time and first match begins at 5:00 PM Eastern Standard Time. registration will not be taken down from posts on this forum. To get to a chat channel from within demigod hit "shift + tab" then click on "chat" then when the chat box pops up, type "/channel tourney."
2. The tournament will be run as a double elimination bracket using tieo tournament organizer. I will sort teams by region. So in the beginning east coast U.S. plays east coast U.S. west plays west and then "other" plays other. Other being... not America. Eventually, everyone converges as play continues.
3. Losers go to losers bracket, double elimination style, winners go on.
4. Winners finals and losers finals are best 2 out of 3 matches. Grand finals are best 2/3 for the team coming from winners, and 3/5 for team coming out of losers. in other words it's in your best interest to not lose and stay in winners bracket so you play less games in grand finals increasing your odds of winning.
5. All games are on Cataract.
6. drops, disc, normal demi god error etc. = loss. no ifs ands or buts. Not worth arguing over this crap, the game crashes, it happens, but no money at stake. If you abuse drop hack you are banned.
7. No prizes, no buy ins. This is a substitute for having no ladder to play on.
8. YOU MUST take a screen shot of your win / loss and send to a designated email account (firstname.lastname@example.org). I will double check screen shots by comparing the results with the games listings on the players accounts. Include in the email your team name, players, opposing team, and opossing players, just so everyone is clear. If neither team sends a screen shot, I will get results from DG ladder info, and we all know how that can screw up sometimes - so it's easier if you just make sure to send a screen shot. DO NOT FORGET THIS. IT KEEPS THE SYSTEM HONEST AND LEGIT.
9. I will post resuts in the DG multiplayer forum
10. Capped at 16 teams.
11. Teams have a designated captain, that captain cannot play for another team. If someone decides to quit / not play anymore you can swap a player. perhaps 1-2 swaps over the course of the 4 week period. NO SWAPS DURING A TOURNAMENT, IF YOU ARE SHORT A GUY FOR FINALS YOU EITHER FORFEIT - PLAY WITH AI - OR PLAY MAN DOWN.
12. All demigod's allowed, any form of random is allowed, no doubles / triples , unless it's any form of double / triple random. If a team uses random, and gets a double or triple through use of random, that is ok, that's the risk / reward of going random. MAKE SURE GAME IS SET TO DEFAULT SETTINGS ON CATARACT.
Registration would look like this:
1. Join chat room sometime around 4:30 PM Eastern Standard Time, but absolutely no later than 4:55 as thats when registration closes.
2. "Hi PlaygroundLegend, I am xxxx captain of team xxxxx, my teammates are xxxx and xxxx. We are from US East / US West / Other and we would like to register"
3. I record your information
4. I generate brackets at 4:55 PM Eastern Standard Time
5. I will update this initial post to include the listings of the teams and rosters after 4:55 PM and before games start.
6. Games start: I say "team xxx plays team xxxx" You go to this forum post, see who the team you are playing is, chat with them in channel, and decide who will host..... I don't care who hosts, as there is no host advantage in this game. Make you games PW protected with something simple and stupid like PW = 111 or something, just so games run smoothly. WHEN YOU START YOUR GAME, MAKE SURE TO LEAVE THE CHAT ROOM BY JOINING ANOTHER ROOM, I DON'T CARE WHICH ROOM, JUST ANY ROOM. THAT WAY WE KNOW IF SOMEONE IS IN THE CHAT ROOM AFTER 5 PM THAT THEY ARE WAITING FOR A MATCH AND IF SOMEONE IS NOT IN THE CHAT ROOM WE KNOW THAT THEY ARE STILL IN THEIR GAME. THIS IS IMPORTANT, DO NOT OVERLOOK THIS.
7. Game ends, take screen shot. Email to designated email address (email@example.com)
8. Return to channel and wait for your next game. DO NOT GO PLAY ANOTHER GAME. TURN AROUND WILL BE QUICK.
9. If a team is in a game, they are not penalized for being late. If a team is not ready to play when the game is called, after 10 minutes a forfeit is called. I realize some people need to eat or go potty. 2 latenesses of 5+ minutes, but no more than 10 minutes counts against you. Once you are late for a third time of 5+ minutes, but no more than 10 minutes, you forfeit - because you are slowing down everyone's tournament experience.
10. IF THE TOURNAMENT RUNS LONGER THAN EXPECTED (I WILL BE A STRICTLER FOR BEING ON TIME AND KEEPING UP A QUICK PACE OF GAMES) GRAND FINALS CAN BE HELD ON A DIFFERENT DAY WHEN BOTH TEAMS ARE READY TO PLAY. ANYTHING BELOW GRAND FINALS.... SUCK IT UP AND PLAY OR LET THE OTHER TEAM KNOW YOU CAN'T MAKE IT AND YOU WILL BE FORFEITIGN THE MATCH. I REALIZE PEOPLE FROM DIFFERENT TIME ZONES WILL BE PLAYING SO IT'S THE BEST WAY FOR THE EVENT TO BE FAIR TO EVERYONE.
11. I will be playing in the tournament as well. If I am in a match, you can still reach me via Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) as I will be running the event from my laptop and playing on my desktop. I also have a blackberry cell phone, so emails will go to my phone, and I can shoot off a quick response with who you need to play even though I'm in a game. If you finished your match, and are waiting for a little while and I am not in the chat room, shoot me an email and I will tell you who your next game is against. I do not want to have the chat channel open while I play, but I can take a few seconds during a match to send a quick response with who your next match is against. I am good at multi tasking, no worries