And 4. vindKtiv, get defensive if you wish. Obviously, I'm not lecturing "dedicated community members", because such community members would be interested in building the strength of the game's player-base. I'm bringing an expierence to light in hope of encouraging a friendlier atmosphere towards new players. If you think yourself so above contructive criticism, well hell go with it. Whatever floats your boat.
I'm not getting defensive. What you are doing is outright attacking the dedicated community members by calling them irresponsible with newer players. That is not true. You are not bringing and experience to light, your ideas have been thought of long ago and tossed away because they were completely useless and one-sided. I am not above constructive criticism, but it is quite obvious you feel you are above criticism in general.What you are essentially saying is, older players should hold your hand while playing their game so that they waste their precious time dealing with you so you can have a good time. That is exactly what you are saying. There is already an established base for newer players and you not dealing with that is your own fault.
You clearly demonstrate ignorance of the community of Demigod as well as the community of any other online game with your posts.
1. No, the game I referenced was not a "Pro" game or "No-noob" game...as I recall, all it said in the title was "3v3". Obviously, I would not join a game that specified such a thing, so that's not the issue.
2. I do, very much, understand that one person can lose a game. Like I've said, I played DOTA for years, and it was the same case in that game. But guess what? A team is going to lose. A team HAS to lose. Blacklisting new players out of fear of losing is downright retarded. A game that doesn't state otherwise should be a game for the public in general, and nobody inside it should bitch about anyone's experience, especially when a game is still just gaining ground.
3. Yes, this game is in its infancy when you compare it to ANY online game that has been around for years.
1. The host is at liberty to kick whoever the heck he or she wants. He is in no obligation to let you play just because his game name didn't specifically say so. It isn't going to hurt the community at all. All it is going to do is drive off some annoying kids who think they can play.
2. Yes, everyone is going to lose once in a while. But you know what is more fun? Playing a game where you know you actually have a chance to win instead of playing a game where you know for a fact you are going to lose because some idiot who doesn't know how to play. It isn't all about you
. Other players also want to have fun, and having to carry around a n00b is NOT fun for the most part.
3. No, this game is arguably past its prime now. The population is currently shrinking and most of the players aren't casual players.
I'm not hating on you or anyone else. I just don't like how you have the attitude to demand
everything from the community. Play any game with stats. Nobody wants to play with a n00b and that is clear. There are tons of people who put up with the fact that they are not wanted until they get better. Why can't you? It is only natural for players to want the best experience, and you ruining the game with your inexperience is not giving them the best experience.
It isn't like you are the only one going through this, I still go through this process and everybody else went through this process. It doesn't hurt and it is actually kinda fun. So why...?