An almost straight copy from the previous tournament. They worked then and they'll work now. Please speak up if you have a problem with them.
1. Any game discrepencies and scheduling issues will be handled by the panel of judges.
2. The default team that gets disqualified should scheduling issues arise is the team furthest from the EST time zone but this can be overruled by the judges and is handled on a case by case basis. If the team local to EST does not provide a reasonable timeframe and available times for playing then they can be DQ. [Assuming a round robin tournament] DQ's are for that match only and may result in negative points for the team and positive points for the non-dq'd team.
3. Round Robin games will be able to be played by any team at anytime since there isn't a dependancy on brackets. Final details to be discussed and voted on.
4. Each match in the tournament will be the best 2 out of 3 games
5. Each team will play 1 round on light side, then 1 round on dark side. If there is a 3rd round, the team that had the fastest win in game 1 or 2 gets to pick the side they want to be on (keep in mind the following rule).
6. The team that is on the dark side must pick their characters and ready up first. Then the light gets to pick and the dark side does not have a chance to adjust their characters.
7. To track your wins, you must do the following - post the replay at gamereplays.org. If you have issues with gamereplays, upload the file to rapid share and provide us with a link. Also, provide a link to the match in the pantheon and let me know if its a win or loss. The winning team should do this for each and every match.
8. UberFix latest version must be used (http://forums.demigodthegame.com/374315). UberFix is a mod that fixes many of the bugs in Demigod. Check the modding forum for everything that is fixed by UberFix 1.02.
How will we handle crashes:
If there is a game crash, the players involved in that match should see if they can come to a consensus on the probable outcome of the match. If there is no clear winner, the 2 teams should replay the match using the exact same demigods and sides (light/dark). If there was a clear winner at that point in the game, then that team should be awarded the win. If the 2 teams disagree on the outcome, the panel will review the replay of the match and render a decision. Be aware that the panel must agree (2 of 3) that a specific team was going to win or the results will be thrown out and the match redone.
How we will handle invalid game states:
The lastgamereplay file is still created in the event of an invalid game state, so it is still possible to review the results of a match. In the event of an invalid game state, players should attempt to resolve the issue exactly the same way as game crashes. If you believe foul play occurred, submit the replay along with any screen shots, etc, as evidence and we will review. If there is a CLEAR consensus that a team is willingly triggering invalid game states, that team should be disqualified after a thorough review of the facts. Please be reasonable, though. We all know that Demigod has its bugs and its still pretty easy to encounter an invalid game state even if no one has intentionally triggered it. If your game does crash, it might be advisable to take a screen shot of the crash as proof. Be aware that we know invalid game states can occur without any sort of foul play, so please be mindful when submitting requests for review.
First Place: 50% of the money
Second Place: 30% of the money
Third Place: 20% of the money
Please let me know if you have any issues with the above.