Testing Sedna Silence fixes/tweaks as announced in v26k + assorted issues.
skirmish (mod version) .26l/uberfix 1.03
Settings: cata/High Towers - all other settings on default
AI settings: nightmare
sed(h)/sed/sed/sed/sed v sed/sed/sed
This setup allowed the game to be long enough for our testing purposes. I sat at crystal as an observer and bought Cur2, priests, angels and giants. That's it.
(1) Each Sedna gave me one priest. Why is this? It will give us an asymmetrical picture in any game with human and more than 2 AI generals. Definitely needs to be tweaked: refine conditions for allied generals > 1.
(2) Some Sednas were prioritizing Minotaur minions over Demolishers. It should never happen. Priests > Demolishers > Minotaurs is the way to go.
(3) Immediately upon WR3 announcement, ALL of my AI Sednas simultaneously rushed to the cit in caravan-like formation to buy Cur1. I don't think it makes sense.
(4) My AI didn't get XP1, until I bought it at WR9 or so. No idea as to why did it happen.
(5) Finally, Silence fix feedback. During some prolonged Sedna skirmishes in the center and on the mana flank (roughly from 8:00 to 14:00), I've seen some bad (old) uses of Silence as a nuke. Also, seen one of the Sednas apparently doing something I'm so adept at: hitting 4 instead of 3, so she just spent mana on Silence when no one was even remotely in range No kidding! Check it out in the replay.
However, and that's definitely a great success, ~50% of Silences were timely. I've seen it used both to secure kills and as an escape option. Good job!
PS: What are the existing Sedna builds and buying priorities late game (especially artifacts)? All Father Ring I can surely understand, but Bracelet of Rage? Why?
PPS: Pounce is also used sub-optimally. IMHO, should give higher priorities to its use as an interrupt only, especially for Silence/Heal build, that doesn't level up Pounce until very late game. Hitting for 400 damage and spending some mana (even though it's dirt cheap) on it is idiotic, when you can hit for more damage with a regular AA + Nature's Reckoning.
1) there is no tracking on who has what minion currently following. The condition is to send a minion: randomly send to an ally that does not have the same level idol as the one being cast. miriyaka had an idea to track the minion, but it didn't work when i tried to impliment it.
2) Minotaurs run 10-25 priority and demolisher run 15-30, so for the most part demolishers are bought over minotaurs if it has the money.
3) I can probably add a function to check who is the high gold and only send that one back. Its generally not an issue for normal AI's as only one usually has the money.
4) Experience is not a super high priority item, so it may have bought other items over it. I can up the priority if its a good upgrade to always get. Sedna is also a poor shopper. With her heals she rarely shops and when she does it is usually only a couple items and back out.
5) I bet the silence in the middle of nowhere was based on a health check. I don't think i put a check for enemies on that part, so it blasts silence when it hits a common retreat level.
Very few builds have custom artifact levels, so they are mostly from the global. All of them used to be 100, but i have pulled most of them down to 0.
Bracelet of Rage 100
Bulwark of the Ages 100
All Father's Ring 150
Since the other two are cheaper than all father's they will normally be bought before all father's. The AI always buys the highest priority item it can afford.
I think pounce is fire at will down to a certain mana percent, then it holds it for an interrupt.