ok quick updates - we'll be trying out kira's site for the upcoming tournament. It has a number of features for facilitating and simplifying our tournaments and scheduling. A few of quick features
- Easy to manage tournaments
- Check in time (we can set a time where players have to check in before a match - they don't show and we can easily dq their teams and it looks like redo the brackets on the fly if needed)
- Automatically randomly generated speeds
- If we use the system a bit, it will start to compile ranking stats - so, if a team that has a lower rank beats a team with a higher rank, they'd get more points (that's not really for this tourney, but its for other things we might use)
- It has a replay system where it is easy to upload without going to another site
- It can track your team's stats and, if matches are scheduled, can tell you when your next match is, etc
Anyway, it has quite a few features. Kira indicated that the site will be going live sometime tomorrow. Anyone that wants to use the system will need to make an account and just add yourself to a clan or club I'm going to create (I'll call it something including the word DG, etc - no clan pacov )
So, hopefully Kira will provide some more info when the site goes live and we can get things rolling and see if you guys like it or not. After about an hour checking out features in their staging environment, I can see a lot of potential and I think it will help quite a bit in organizing tourneys, etc.
That said, now is the time to try to form some 2v2 teams for our little test tourney. The tourney will take place on either Friday night or Sunday afternoon est. And again, this is just a test tourney to try out the new system - no cash on the line, just have some fun. I'll be coming up with the rules for the 2v2 tourney and we'll keep it relatively simple.
So, start recruiting now and if the launch of kira's site goes well, we can make an official start date for the tourney.
Here's the only team I know so far of for the 2v2 bit