Currently, minions are not summoned with full health if the demigod controller has +minion hp items. The only exception to this is vampires created by Lord Erebus when he possesses the Conversaion Aura. This bug hasn't been a focus issue because of the relatively low usage of +minion hp items, the difficulty in noticing this when minions are summoned, especially admist combat, and the continuous healing effect that priests (the most prevalent summon) generate.
The original thread is here: http://forums.demigodthegame.com/362045
To demonstrate the effect of items on Lord Erebus Minions:
- Start a skirmish game with Lord Erebus.
- Buy the level 1 minotaur idol and move away from the healing crystal before summoning. Note that the minotaurs are summoned with full health.
- Buy God Plate and suicide your minotaurs.
- Move away from the healing crystal and resummon the minotaurs, note that they no longer are summoned with max health.
- Next, proceed to a creep wave and remain in range until a vampire is created. Note that its health is not maxed. Repeat until you are convinced the health level is stable, less than max at creation. Suicide minions are necessary to allow new vampires to be created.
- Now, purchase the conversion aura rank 1. Proceed to create new vampire minions by killing creeps. Note that now your vampires are spawned with full health.
The mod that fixes this issue:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/wgzz5lzdzmj/Minions Summon with Full Health.zip
- This fixes the unique minions Shamblers, Yetis, Spirits, Ball Lightnings, and Vampires.
- This also fixes idols summons for all demigod generals in 1.20.
- The idols summons were fixed by editing the SummonMinions function in GeneralItems. All idols call this function and so only a single change was necessary.
- Unique summons were more problematic because they directly call CreateUnitHPR. I had to add the heal line to each demigod individually.
- I went with SetHealth instead of AdjustHealth because SetHealth uses fewer calculations. I don't think that this would interfere with anything.
This bugfix should probably be added to the next patch, so some SD awareness on its existance is necessary. Please politely nag them about it.